I’ve been working right out of my living for over eight months now. There are quite a few ways I’ve used my computer to wrangle some more income – from building my own websites, to playing mehaiteaw the market, to finding freelance work with sites like GetAFreelancer and Community. Today though, I’m going to talk about my favorite way to bring in some dough: playing tournament poker.
I’ve played poker for pretty much a long time, but it has not been until a couple years ago that begun to really understand some complex concepts. (One funny thing I noticed when i begun to learn good investing strategy is that it’s akin to good poker strategy! It makes sense, I guess, since they both involve good money management. )
Expert poker is created upon three basic numbers of thought:
- What do i have?
- What does my opponent have?
- What does my opponent think that I have?
It can go on forever from here, of course, since the next one would be “What does my opponent think that I think she has? ” and so forth – but this is where it starts. Let’s address these in turn.
(1) What do you have? Obviously your hand strength is an important variable, but it’s not the most important. If you have a lock, most of your concern is maximizing your profit. With a red, on the web let it go. The tough part is making the most of it when you have a hand you are not sure about. This is where the experts show their strength.
(2) What does my opponent have? If your opponent has nothing, it doesn’t even matter what you hold. You can’t get paid off on your quad sixes if he missed his flush anyway. Figuring out how much your opponent is ready to invest is a crucial part of determining your gambling size.
(3) What does my opponent think that I have? An astute player will recognize when he is beat much more quickly. By paying attention to how your opponent does respond to certain situations, and by examining points 1 and 2 closely, you should be able to make an educated guess as to how to approach them. A good player might throw away that flush if you bet your quads too strongly; another player might think a tiny bet screams “call me! ” but he can pay off that huge, “obvious bluff”.
I made over $15, 000 dollars playing poker in six months, and I never played a tournament larger than $50. Check out sites like 2 + 2 Publishing and PocketFives for boards and links to on-line poker sites. Poker is the new sport, except now anyone can be an jogger – right from home!
If you need money now, like What i’m saying is in the next hour, try what I did. I am making more money now than in my old business and you can too, look at the amazing, true story, in the link below. When i joined I was skeptical for just ten seconds before I realized what this is. I was smiling from ear to ear and you will too.
Imagine doubling your money every week with no or little risk! To find a verified list of Million Dollar Businesses providing you their products at 75% commission to you. Click the link below to learn How you begins compounding your capital towards your first Million Dollars at the easy corporate money program.