Even cleaning companies struggle to become eco-friendly and advertise themselves as using green products and methods. However, if you clean your own property or office, it might be in your best interest to be aware of certain green cleaning tips. Not only cleaning tips that you will help protect mid-air, but you will also do a better job with less overall. Here are some green cleaning tips for home and office.
Since the significance about having an eco-friendly attitude is understood by more and more people and companies each day, green cleaning products can now be located on the market. Companies have reached in conclusion that they can’t be competitive unless they come up with something green, made of biodegradable ingredients and renewable resources. Choosing these products is definitely better than going for toxic ones. Those who want to be even greener can make their own cleaning products from water combined with either vinegar or the baking soda. This is one of the best green cleaning tips because these substances can clean most situations in the house.
• Keep the windows of your home or office opened as far as possible. The air you breathing in the house is often more toxic than the one outdoors. Various substances and materials contribute to the toxicity of the air. Airing the rooms often will leave your house or office toxin free and will allow fresh air to exchange dirty one.
• Contrary to the popular belief, antibacterial soaps are not good for you and are not doing a better job than plain water and soap. Many people use them hoping to get rid of bacteria. However, they don’t know that constant usage of antibacterial soaps can determine the growth of even more powerful bacteria meant to resist them. Water and soap are the best choice for washing your hands. FDA has recently reached this conclusion and is currently discouraging usage of antibacterial soaps.
• Most popular green cleaning tips involve using the baking soda instead of commercial cleaning products. This can be successfully used for removing bad smell in the refrigerator, but few people know that it can do the same thing for carpets which don’t smell nice anymore. Sprinkle it on the carpet, allow it to go absorb the odour for a while and then use the vacuum to clean it.
• Instead of buying expensive air fresheners, boil some of your favorite herbs in your kitchen. This will definitely change the smell in your house and it does not require a lot of effort. The baking chocolate snack cookies is also going to make your house smell fantastic. One of the best green cleaning tips is to keep plants in your home. There isn’t any easier method of cleaning the indoor air.
• There is no point in putting all these green cleaning tips in practice if you flush your chemical products down the strain or throw them away in the waste. They are very harmful for the environment and, people who go down the strain, eventually get back in your water and pollute it. You can recycling used cleaning products in special centers or during the trying to recycle days which are held regularly.
• Dry cleaning is one of the worst choices you can make both for you and the environment. The products which are being used are extremely toxic. Fortunately, there are also green dry cleaners and you can choose those instead. If you still have to go to an authentic dry cleaning, air the clothes well before wearing them or hanging them in the closet.
• It is difficult for busy people who turn to cleaning companies to setup practice green cleaning tips. However, you can protect mid-air even if you don’t clean your house or office. Just go with a company that uses green products and methods.
• One of the simplest green cleaning tips is to leave toxic substances outside your home. Imagine how many harmful substance you have on your shoe soles. Until you do something about this, they will all enter your house. You can invest in an entryway track-off system or ask everybody to take their shoes off. Not only that you will keep your house safe from toxins, but you will also clean it easier and save some hard work.
• Green cleaning has become so popular that even designers try and create buildings that are better to clean. This leads to incredible energy savings. Everybody should be preoccupied about reducing cleaning costs and energy costs. If you really want to change lives, share all your green cleaning tips with others.